The Institute for Genome Sciences is located in Baltimore, Maryland, within the University of Maryland School of Medicine (Campus Map).
From I95, take exit 53 (Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd). Stay to the right as you exit. Turn left on W Baltimore Street, we are in the second block on the left.
There is some street parking on W Baltimore Street or you can park in the BioPark garage on W Baltimore Street at the intersection of W Baltimore and Poppleton Street. The garage is on the right side of W Baltimore Street.
Mass Transit Alternatives
- Camden Line: MARC Train Service:
- The Maryland Rail and Commuter Service (MARC) has two lines running between Baltimore and Washington DC. One line stops at Camden Station adjacent to Oriole Park and the other stops at Penn Station. MARC service also operates north of Baltimore from Penn Station.
- Servicing: Washington Union Station; Riverdale, College Park, Greenbelt, Muirkirk, Laurel, Laurel Racetrack, Savage, Jessup, Dorsey, Saint Denis & Baltimore Camden Station.
- MTA buses 1, 2, 7, 8, 11, 20, 35 and 36 stop at the Medical Center.
- MTA buses 3, 15, 23, 28, 31 and 91 stop in the Medical Center area.
- Lexington Market Station, Eutaw and Lexington Streets (4 blocks)
- Charles Center Station, Baltimore at Charles Street (5 blocks)
- Light rail connects park and ride locations in northern Baltimore County and Oriole Park at Camden Yards, then continues south to Glen Burnie and Baltimore/Washington International Airport. The University Center stop is two blocks east of campus on Baltimore Street.
- The Central Light Rail Line stops at the UniversityCenter/Baltimore Street Station three blocks from the Medical Center.